The Kent Browns Backers, with about 220 members, are a chapter of the Browns Backers Worldwide, the official fan club of the Cleveland Browns. We are a 501(c) charitable organization lead by a Board of Directors. Club members meet for Browns games at American Legion Post 496 and Water Street Tavern. Other club activities include; bus trips to games, golf outings, clambakes, corn roasts, Christmas party, raffles, and other fundraisers. The majority of our funds are donated to local charities.
Since 2001, donations from the Kent Browns Backers have exceed over $50,000. and we have donated to:
• Cleveland Browns Foundation
• Big Brothers & Sisters of Portage County
• Boys State Summer Leadership and Citizenship Program
• Portage County Foster Care
• Portage Animal Protective League
• Akron Children’s Hospital
• Hope United
• Brimfield Community Cupboard
• Stefanie Speilman Fund for Breast Cancer Research
• Ohio State University and the American Cancer Society
• Freedom House of Kent (supporting homeless veterans in our community)
• Hattie Larlham, (services for children and adults with intellectual and development disabilities).
• Kent Roosevelt Athletic Dept
• Several local food banks, Toys for Tots and other local charities
Our Board Members and our membership are proud to be part of the local Kent community and are pleased to be able to support local causes.
For more information,